Monday, May 7, 2018

A Guest Bedroom Make-Over and what a difference a rug can make


So I've been busy giving our guest bedroom a Make-Over and getting it into tip top shape, because 
for the next 5 weeks we will have friends and family from Germany staying with us. 


Here is what the room looked like BEFORE
(not pictured here is all the junk I have been storing on the bed for several month...haha)

 



And here is the AFTER 

 
I was going for BOHO vibes, cozy and original. 



We have a large KING sized bed in the guest room, so it was
important to get a more narrow dresser. I ended up getting a 
KALLAX shelf from Ikea with the BRANÄS baskets. 
Fairly inexpensive and has much more storage than the old 
dresser. All the decor on the dresser are pieces 
I already had, moved around and or re-used. 



 I already had the wicker trunk and the old door sitting behind it. 
I just added a few new BOHO touches. The Macrame hanging 
on the door is a World Market find. The beaded candle holder
is a recent Home Goods find.


The Macrame tealight votive holder hanging in the window 
is another World Market find. I love the CAPIZ mobile hanging
from the ceiling. I've moved it here from our Powder Room
because I got a new and much bigger Capiz for that space
 (more on that coming soon). 


I made the chalkboard "dream" sign myself for ZERO Mulahhhh 
out of a piece of plywood I had laying around in the garage.
(Details at end of post)


A chalkboard is such a great place to WELCOME your guests and 
write personal messages. Something like "No Vacancy"might 
work for some people? Oh wait, did I just say that out loud?


One can never go wrong adding twinkle lights, right?

But one of my favorite things in this room is the soft, fluffy and cozy 


As soon as I added the rug it brought the room to life. The entire 
room just came together so beautifully. I love the "POP" and 
coziness it adds to the space. Note to self: 
"Must get rugs for all the other bedrooms now".


Here is a picture of the rug after I unwrapped it. It feels really soft and silky and makes you want to walk bare-foot on it for sure.

My blogging pal Tania who blogs over at Little Vintage Cottage 
got the same rug but in a different color for her family room. 
You can check it out HERE for more "RUG Eye Candy". 

 
As promised here is a QUICK pic of how I made the chalkboard sign for above the bed. 
I had a piece of plywood in the garage and simply gave it a coat of chalk paint and wrote 
"dream" on it. Cheap and easy right? 

Again, here is what the room looked like BEFORE and AFTER



I hope I inspired you guys to get rugs for your spaces as well. 
I know I will! Please be sure to visit 
Natural Area Rugs if you do!

 photo signature_zps2231f866.png


1 comment:

  1. You have a very cozy room, thank you for sharing! In fact, small details or good bed linen plays a crucial role in building comfort and good design of the room. Recently, in his living room, we changed all the linens on the brand linen magiclinen and room has become quite otherwise look, as in professional magazines about the interior of the house

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, it makes my day!