Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Gorgeous Eclectic-Boho Style Foyer




Well hello there loves, I know it's been a while since my last blog post. 
Honestly I just haven't really been in the creative mood lately. 
I even skipped Easter decorating this year! 
A whole new low for me ... lol

But I did manage to re-decorate our entry a bit in the style I drool 
over these days "ECLECTIC -SCANDI - BOHO - MOROCCAN" 
and whatewahhhhh else you might call it! 

Let me share with you...


I re-decorated the entry with a few new items I got recently. 
(Item source list provided at the end of this post).

I figured for a true scandi-boho look one needs to have a pet cow scull, right? 
I know some of you peeps might disagree with an animal scull, but like I 
keep saying "I already ate the cow" so this is considered re-cycling, right

I wrapped my cow scull in some gorgeous new Moroccan string-lights, 
do you dig them as much as I do? (More details on those at the bottom of this post).



 

The pom pom throw is my absolute favorite at the moment, 
wish I had more of those!
 


 More Moroccan string-lights here....



Here you see the entire entry wall,  I started creating a little 
gallery wall above the staircase, still a work in progress.


The BOHO letters are a gift from my best friend Michi in Bavaria. 
She recently took a trip to Bali and got me these letters along with 
another gorgeous gift I will share in another post.


And here is how our son re-decorates when I am not looking....
HOBO instead of BOHO? Too cute!

OK, as promised here is the scoop on the Moroccan string-lights, 
I found them on AMAZON, love them but from far away they 
reminded me of Christmas, so I decided to give them a coat of paint.

 So Annie Sloan chalk paint to the rescue, I used French Linen. Took a while to cover them with a little brush, but totally worth it.



 Sooo much better, don't you think?


 O.k. so as promised let me give you a source list for some of the items used here:






Smycka Branches IKEA


Threshold Basket (Target, sorry no longer available)

Baskets and Pillows HOMEGOOD FINDS



Well, I hope you found some inspiration here today! 
Thanks for coming to visit me!!!! MUAHHHH
 photo signature_zps2231f866.png



26 comments:

  1. A nice area.... lots of interesting items and it all works together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WANT that teardrop lamp and went to the link but can't find how tall it is? Can you tell me? The whole arrangement looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy seeing how you decorate your entry. This is a very interesting and pleasing look - great combination of internationally appealing decor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my. This is so cute! My favorite? (hard to choose....) the shadows that the lamp casts! I never would have considered that lamp, but oh my those shadows have sold me on it.
    I love everything about your entry.
    :) gwingal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I forgot to tell you..... I have been seeing everyone with a skull somewhere in their decorating this year and the other day, we were at a restaurant and my husband remarked that he liked the skull they had hanging on the wall. So, I told him how popular they are right now and that if he'd finish mounting his beaver skull, I'd use it in our house. He saw a beaver get hit by a car one day and he went back to get it later. But when he got it, the skull had been crushed by the car. So he considered it his purpose in life to put that puzzle back together. :)

      Delete
  5. Love, love love your styled foyer. Yes, I like the lights painted you can see them better against the wall. Pinning & sharing. Thanks for joining the Inspiration Spotlight party @DearCreatives hope to see you again soon. Love your blog btw.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the layers and mixture of textures that you include in your foyer. Several items are unique and would be real conversation-starters for guests who see the arrangement as they enter your home. It's interesting and attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the mix of textures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks beautiful, love the cow skull!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I love all the different textures and the pattern the light makes on the walls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooooh, Christine your entry is breath taking. Love all your new treasures. The pom-pom throw is incredible. Such gorgeousness to contemplate. As always incredible staging, all those textures. Have wonderful week. Your home is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in love with the rattan stools :) Gorgeous foyer! Thanks for sharing with us at Funtastic Friday! Pinned

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the skull paired with the fake sheep skin, great contrasting elements. Did you really eat the cow? jk Like your open frames along the stairwell.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes to every item in this post! I love this style and you've designed it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Christine, your foyer looks gorgeous. I love all the texture. Thanks for sharing it at Talk of the Town!

    Angie @ www.knickoftime.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your entry way is decorated so pretty! Thanks for sharing at C&C with J&J.
    Enjoy the week.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the bohemian vibe you've got going on Christine! Especially the rattan accessories. Oh and the wreath and chalkboard in the gallery wall are so lovely! Thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for sharing with us this week at Celebrate Your Story, and I hope your week is going great.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh how I missed you Christine. Welcome back. I can't even begin to tell you how much I love your boho styled foyer. Every single thing about it is just gorgeous. Pinning so I can admire it over and over again

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your eclectic boho style foyer looks great. The elements all work well together. Thanks for sharing at Snickerdoodle. This was the Most Clicked from our last party and all of the co-hosts will be featuring at tomorrow's party. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the boho look, the little lights are great and the cover on the table.
    Thank you for sharing on Friday Features!
    Happy Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Christine, your foyer is so much fun. I love the boho look and am happy to be featuring you today as Most Clicked from last week's Snickerdoodle party.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a gorgeous entry way, friend! Wow!! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow Christine, this looks amazing. Love everything. it looks so beautiful. I would love this style in my house :) Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays last week, you are one of my features this week :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, it makes my day!