Hello Sweets, I want to share these cute mossy stars I made last weekend with you guys.
Inspiration STRUCK and I had a vision of a Christmas front porch with mossy stars
this year. I came up with an easy and inexpensive way to make them and I am so
glad I did, cuz I luv them!!!
Super easy project, but a bit messy.....
Here is what you need:
- Crafting Moss
- Sharpie/pen for tracing around template
- X-Acto knife/sharp knife for cutting foam
- Glue Gun and plenty of glue refills
- Star Template to trace around (this is not necessary, you can draw free hand as well, once you glue the moss onto it, you won't notice imperfections.)
- Command Strips (I used the Velcro sticker type) to hang stars on wall
Here is how:
I purchased 2 Styrofoam strips from Hobby Lobby
(see below sticker for details) and glued them together with my glue gun.
I had this star at home and used it as a template,
but you could draw stars as well.
I used a black sharpie to trace along the star
(I made 2 different sizes).
I cut out the stars with an X-Acto knife
(Easy,but a bit messy with tiny pieces of foam flying all over).
I glued the craft moss onto the foam with my glue gun
(this also got messy, I kept the vacuum cleaner next to me).
Here is a finished star, you can see the 2 sizes I made.
I love them!!! They turned out as I imagined!!!!
I am not done decorating the front of the house for Christmas yet,
but I couldn't wait to show you the stars!
More of the front porch to come soon!!!
Thank you so much for coming to visit me!