Friday, November 27, 2015

Project Challenge: Bead Board

 Hello there loves, I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your loved ones. 
Guess what? It's time for our monthly DIY blogger challenge again. 
Each month we have a different project challenge to come up with. 
This month we had to make something using Bead Board.


So please do enjoy our "November Bead Board Challenge" 
where 7 of us bloggers are making pretty things.

(links to projects in collage provided at bottom of post)

Here is my bead board project, I've always wanted 
to make my own deer wall art, so this was my chance. 


I love the color combination of the gray & white, 
it reminds me of a Scandinavian Christmas.

I had fun playing on the back deck, setting up a photo
prop for my little deer, and look who came & harassed
me & messed with all my pretty stuff? Yup, that would be 
our BUGSY!!! Just look at those cute little stomper 
feeties on tippie toes

AND to top it all off, he ate my pretty cabbage plant? 
But that's o.k., cuz when you're that cute you can do that!

Here is a quick & easy "HOW TO" 
on the "Bead Board Deer Art"
I went to Home Depot and purchased an already cut 
piece of bead board for $6 and some change 

I wanted a gray base color and I still had a 50/50 mixture of half Annie Sloan
"FRENCH LINEN" and half Annie Sloan "GRAPHITE' paint left over from a recent

I used 2 coats of paint

I searched Google for a deer head image
I liked, this was the one for me


I printed the image on 12x12 ledger paper, but I had to print it in 3 sections,
since I needed a large deer. As you can see in this picture, I just
taped the 3 pages together

I cut out the deer and taped it on my bead board

Traced around it with a pencil

And colored it in with Annie Sloan "PURE WHITE". After it was all dry I rubbed
Annie Sloan 'SOFT WAX" onto the board to seal and protect it

So what do you think?
 


As always I hope you enjoyed my post, please check
out more awesome Bead Board projects
from my blogging friends
.
Click On the photo images
 below to visit each post!!!


 photo signature_zps2231f866.png

Linking Up At These Fabulous Parties:
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Life On Lake Shore Drive  Silver Pennies Sundays  The Creative Gallery  Share The Wealth Sunday  Cooking & Crafting with J&J

  Monthly Parties:

  
                 http://mylifefromhome.com/                

 stacy     I party with Remodelaholic 

     ppp 1          Just a Girl and Her Blog
       Being-Bianca (THIRD THURDAY EACH MONTH)                 http://www.thehankfulhouse.com

             The Inspiration Exchange - Come and link up your ideas!           
         http://roomsforrentblog.blogspot.com/                    http://thriftydecorchick.blogspot.com/

        The 7 year itch link up