Thursday, March 28, 2013

Some Easter touches & some self doubt


Hi there Peeps, well a few more Easter touches before Easter is actually OVER. For some reason I have never been able to get a good picture of  the kitchen nook. Must be the combination of  the lighting & my crappy photography skills. Speaking of photography skills, I thought I moved that ziplock bag on the kitchen island out of the way before taking the picture.... uhhhh apparently NOT! Well here we go....
 I love this Candle Chandelier I found in Germany a couple of years ago.


  I added some fake grass, some little eggs and a cute little primitive bunny named "Jacky" I found at one of my favorite stores  Wisteria Cottage. It is always a bit challenging for me to decorate for Easter with all the beautiful bright Easter colors, because a lot of my walls are very rich, such as this chocolate brown in the kitchen. The wall color just really clashes with most of your typical Easter colors, so I try to keep it really simple. I actually bought some chocolate and cream colored Easter eggs to match ..haha
     
The table runner used to be a curtain from WORLDMARKET. My Mom made it into a shower curtain and the left-over fabric was enough for this little runner 


Some Easter string lights stuffed in a glass jar 
  
My Foyer, not happy with it but I ran out of steam. Nothing I did seemed to work that day! Most likely I will re-decorate the trunk the day before Easter...lol
 
Forsythia branches in a basket
  
 Ops, I can see my head sticking out in the mirror. Oh boy oh boy, I still have a lot to learn about Picture taking.
 One can never go wrong with chalkboards
      and nothing beats an old rusty bucket!
 And last, here is a little snap shot from the formal Dining Room. My Mother-In-Law is an Artist and she drew these pictures of Robbie with Pastels. Don't they look great with the Forsythias?

On a different note, some self doubt

For those of you that have been following my blog, you know that I am still a Newby. I have to be honest, the more blogs I visit and the more awesome & creative things I see, the more I doubt myself. It can be overwhelming. Take this Easter Post for example. As I am writing this post I can't help thinking about all the beautiful Easter Decor I've seen on other blogs, some of them good enough to be in a magazine. And suddenly my pictures don't seem so nice anyore. But then I remind myself of why I started a blog in the first place. It was to stop spending so much time "LOOKING" on Pinterest and start "DOING". I want to get inspired by others, I want to improve my house and blog about it along the way. Having a blog is a tool to get me motivated because I have "TO DO" things to blog about, right??? I have already learned a lot and met some wonderful people in a very short amount of time. So hopefully each time I blog, I will improve a little bit and next years Easter post will be better than this one!!! So that being said, I want to THANK everybody that signed up to follow my blog and made comments. I have had over 11,000 page views so far (where are they all coming from)?? lol....You guys ROCK...please stick around and bear with me!

A very special thanks to these gals for helping me along the way. I don't know what I would have done without having you guys to pester with questions about Blogland.

Holly at Down To Earth
Donna at An Anglo In Quebec 

Christine