Friday, October 28, 2016

Project Challenge: Reclaimed Wood


Hello friends, it's been a while since our last project challenge. We all needed to take a summer break, but here we are, back again!!!! This months project is "RECLAIMED WOOD"



I literally sat down the night before and came
up with this little house number sign, super 
quick and easy little project.





Here is how I made it:

I've had this old crate for years and it was starting to break. 
So it seemed, I found my victim for the reclaimed wood I needed.


I took the crate apart with a wire cutter (to pull out old nails) and a hammer. 
It came apart fairly easy. I'm sure there are much better and faster ways 
but I am no good with tools....LOL


Here is my pile of scrap wood....ohhhh what a treasure!!!


I used WORD to print out the house numbers using 
the font: "STENCIL" and a font size of "300". 



I printed each number on a separate page.


I cut out the numbers and lightly taped them on the wood.


Traced around the numbers with a pencil.




Then used a black marker to trace around again.


Then I used a little acrylic paint and filled in the numbers 
with a paint brush.


NOW...I have to admit I do have a Cricut machine and I am sure I could have 
done this project much much faster by simply creating a stencil, BUT I still haven't 
made time to figure out the darn thing. I want someone to come over and show 
me how to do it. Is that too much to ask? LOL


Anywise here is my finished project, the good thing is you can see anybody 
can do this project, no skills or fancy machines needed!



Please check out more creative projects using 
"Reclaimed Wood" by clicking 
on the below links:

Rustic Pallet Wood Barn Ornaments
Rustic Farmhouse Tray
Diy Wood Banner
Tool Box Centerpiece

 photo signature_zps2231f866.png

Linking Up At These Fabulous Parties:
Monday
Thursday
Sunday Features // The-chicken-chick // That DIY Party // Sundays At Home // Create & Crave
Life On Lake Shore Drive // Silver Pennies Sundays  // The Creative Corner // Share The Wealth Sunday
Snickerdoodle Sunday // Dishing It And Digging It //  The Creative Gallery

Monthly Parties:

     
   My Life From Home                          Dimples & Tangles                                            Thrifty Decor Chick

stacy   I party with Remodelaholic  12593736_1108878732455729_4198691195880345245_o
Not Just A Housewife                           Remodelaholic.com                                   The Thankful House

    9a9ef760-47a4-4320-9e41-ead49122c074           The Inspiration Exchange - Come and link up your ideas!
 This Is Our Bliss (THIRD THURDAY EACH MONTH)                          Rooms For Rent