Friday, October 28, 2016

Project Challenge: Reclaimed Wood


Hello friends, it's been a while since our last project challenge. We all needed to take a summer break, but here we are, back again!!!! This months project is "RECLAIMED WOOD"



I literally sat down the night before and came
up with this little house number sign, super 
quick and easy little project.





Here is how I made it:

I've had this old crate for years and it was starting to break. 
So it seemed, I found my victim for the reclaimed wood I needed.


I took the crate apart with a wire cutter (to pull out old nails) and a hammer. 
It came apart fairly easy. I'm sure there are much better and faster ways 
but I am no good with tools....LOL


Here is my pile of scrap wood....ohhhh what a treasure!!!


I used WORD to print out the house numbers using 
the font: "STENCIL" and a font size of "300". 



I printed each number on a separate page.


I cut out the numbers and lightly taped them on the wood.


Traced around the numbers with a pencil.




Then used a black marker to trace around again.


Then I used a little acrylic paint and filled in the numbers 
with a paint brush.


NOW...I have to admit I do have a Cricut machine and I am sure I could have 
done this project much much faster by simply creating a stencil, BUT I still haven't 
made time to figure out the darn thing. I want someone to come over and show 
me how to do it. Is that too much to ask? LOL


Anywise here is my finished project, the good thing is you can see anybody 
can do this project, no skills or fancy machines needed!



Please check out more creative projects using 
"Reclaimed Wood" by clicking 
on the below links:

Check out more awesome wood projects at:

topreveal.com


 photo signature_zps2231f866.png

22 comments:

  1. I've always wondered how people transferred stuff from the computer onto their project. Now I know! I love how that looks. Using the old wood was a great idea too. I have never used one of those machines before. I've heard they're great for crafting though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your House number sign turned out so great! It's so amazing to me how wonderful things can look with old wood. Quick and simple for sure. I wish I was close enough to teach you how to use your Cricut. I love mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Simple; easy - my kind of project. And for the record, I'm a train wreck with tools myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the look of reclaimed wood.

    Marilyn (in Dallas)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love reclaimed wood and this is really nice Christine. Yeah you go girl.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. The stencil font you chose is perfect for this project and that wood with it's patina is just yummy for so many more future projects. I'll trade you some of it for a little barn! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a fun sign Christine! And I love quick and easy! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crate wood is gorgeous and love how you reclaimed it!!! Your font choice is perfect. I'm now shamed into redoing my old house number. You are so clever and your vignette is beautiful! Pinned to a few boards. =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great! Thank you for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another fabulous project!! LOVE IT! I've chosen your number sign as my feature this week over at the Friday Favorites Linky Party! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the simplicity of your sign! I have some old crates around and never thought to take them apart for their great wood!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a really cool sign and such a pretty display! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your sign looks great and I like how you did it without the use of your Cricut...makes me feel like I am not the only one, with my Cameo Silhouette sitting right behind me! Great job and thanks for sharing at Celebrate Your Story!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great project. I need to put our house number around our front door. People often confuse our address with our neighbor's.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww...I LOVE this!

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a great way to display the number to your house! I love it and I really like how you stenciled the numbers as well. That way saves so much time!
    Kate | TheOrganizedDream.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Christine, I love it when something comes together that easily. Your little sign looks great in your porch vignette! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a pretty sign, friend! Love how you used reclaimed wood! Featuring you at our party tonight... have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your street numbers! I need to find a beautiful way to display mine, but unfortunately my front door and porch are not visible from the street. Maybe I could find a cute way to hang these out front. Thanks for sharing at the Wednesday Showcase party.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a cool way to display your house numbers! Love how you have displayed it too, as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for posting the great content……I found it quiet interesting, hopefully you will keep posting such blogs

    Online Metals Shop

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, it makes my day!