Tuesday, October 18, 2016

A New Kitchen Table, New Kubu Stools and Some Fresh Paint


Hello Loves, I totally forgot to show you guys some changes I made in our kitchen. 
We got a new kitchen nook table a while back, and a couple of new KUBU stools 
(details of new furniture at end of post). I also changed the walls from chocolate 
brown to GAUNTLET GRAY by Sherwin Williams. I love the new paint color 
and will show you more of that soon. 




The table is 72 inches long, which is almost 20 inches longer than our old one. 
Truly super awesome because we live on our kitchen table and it really never looks like this...lol.


Since the table is so much bigger than the old one and we only had 4 matching chairs, 
I decided to get stools for the ends for additional seating. I chose KUBU stools 
because I think Wicker warms the look. 


I am in luv with the Gauntlet Gray SW Paint.


Notice our tortoise Willie basking under the heat lamp? 







Ok, here is the scoop on the furry stool covers. I found some gray furry seat 
covers at Home Goods which I love, but since they are square,  I had to get 
creative to keep the cover from slipping off the stool. I ended up sewing 
string on each corner and tying the string through the cracks in the wicker. 
(illustration below)

 

Here is where I got the stools:



Here is where I got the table (please note that there is a little story 
about the table, when it arrived from Overstock the color did not look as pictured. 
It had a very heavy whitewash on it which did not go in our house. Since I loved 
everything else about the table, I simply sanded off most of the heavy white 
paint and put on a clear paint sealant. I actually took pictures of that process but 
can not find them now....DUHHHH

Ok sweets, that's what I got for you this week. 
I hope you like what I did so far. I will share 
more pics of the freshly painted kitchen soon!

 photo signature_zps2231f866.png


22 comments:

  1. Your breakfat room looks so beautiful! The new wall color is great and I love your new table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing! Love those stools too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those stools!!! That wall color!! swoonerific!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your table is great Christine. Love little Willie basking in the light. I bet that feels so good to him. Love the wall color too. Your eating area is amazing. Love those sweet stools.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, i like the wallcolor too and everything looks great!
    Nice ♥
    Naddel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christine, I love your new paint color and table! The stools are very unique. Would not have thought to use a stool at the end, but it's nice. I'm hoping to white wash the top of my table this weekend. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  7. O.M.G... I am so in love with this whole space Christine! The wall color, the table, and those stools (drool)!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your home. And Willie too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, I was seriously considering the same table for my dining room, only reason why I didn't get it was that it was going to be too small for my space! Love it dear, and the stools too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks so pretty! I love your new table. It's always nice to have extra room. Our table can seat up to 6 but absolutely no more than that. It looks like you can squeeze in more. I like your cute stools at each end too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wspaniała aranżacja. Całość wygląda jak z bardzo dobrego katalogu z projektowaniem wnętrz. Stołki są rewelacyjne, miałaś doskonały pomysł. Bardzo mi się podoba świecznik nad stołem, prezentuje się świetnie. Podziwiam Twoją pomysłowość.
    Pozdrawiam, Ania :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's looking good Christine! Love it! Thank you for hosting at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love love love that table and all the rough marks on it contrasting with the curve of the legs. A your new wall color is fabulous. We did Repose Gray by Sherwin Williams through most of our house and I love it with my white trim. Thanks for linking up to Waste Not Wednesday Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow...everything looks SO pretty! I love it all!

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am in Love with the stool!! Great job! Thanks for sharing at Friday Favorites! Your awesome post has been chosen to be featured at our next party! Please stop by, see your amazing feature and share with us again!! Pinned and Tweeted! Hugs- Christine at Light and Savvy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am in Love with the stool!! Great job! Thanks for sharing at Friday Favorites! Your awesome post has been chosen to be featured at our next party! Please stop by, see your amazing feature and share with us again!! Pinned and Tweeted! Hugs- Christine at Light and Savvy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Christine! That stool is so adorable and versatile seating. I also noticed that adorable pom pom garland hanging.... :)

    Thanks for sharing and linking up at DI & DI :) Love your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your new table and those stools, they look great in your dining room.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Christine your table looks great and is the perfect addition to your home and your style. Love those cute little stools too. Your link was our most popular this week. Come on by tomorrow to pick up your button amd congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my Christine, your kitchen looks stunning. Love everything about it including little Willie and the wicker chairs. Very clever way to keep the cushions from sliding around btw ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your blog - it's gorgeous!! AND I am super jealous of your new table lol. Thanks for linking up at share the wealth sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it) Thanks for introducing us to your blog and your home! There are so many great ideas here!
    Oakville Windows and Doors

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, it makes my day!