Saturday, July 26, 2014

My First Cowhide Rug

Hello Everyone,  Well I finally jumped on the cowhide wagon and got myself a
"MOO MOO" cow for our dining room. You might remember my plans for a new
Dining Room Look ? Well it's coming along slowly but surely!

On my  IKEA Shopping Trip last weekend, I purchased this brown cowhide
with a few little white spots on it.

Truth be told, I had previously purchased a brown 
cowhide from World Market, but the ones at IKEA 
were on sale for $200 and the one from Word Market 
was $350. So I returned the World Market rug...
Need I feel guilty now????



I know not everyone approves of cowhides or other types of
animal skins for clothing or decorations. But it's like I told 
one of my vegetarian friends when accused of 
supporting the industry: 
"BUT I ALREADY ATE THE COW"
So this could be considered an up-cycle, right?"

Well, that's what's new around here this week. I will be taking a blogging break
for a few weeks for the summer. Before I go here is a little cowhide
eye candy for you to drool over.....

Decorating with Cowhide Rugs









Source Unknown


Want to see more pics? Check out my Pinterest Board on Decorating with Cowhides and Furs

How about you Peeps, do you like cowhides 
as much as I do?
XoXoXo

 photo signature_zps2231f866.png

Linking Up At These Fabulous Places:

Monthly Parties:
The Inspiration Exchange - Come and link up your ideas!                  
                          link: http://roomsforrentblog.blogspot.com/        link: http://thriftydecorchick.blogspot.com/

               The 7 year itch link up