Saturday, March 15, 2014

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

Hello Lovelies, I have been busy up-cycling a bunch of little things around the house. So sit back and enjoy...."Show and Tell" is about to begin....
Pottery Barn Inspired Chalk Board Frames

A while back I noticed these cute Chalk Board frames in the latest Pottery Barn Kids catalog. I've been meaning do "DIY" some for a while. 
http://www.potterybarnkids.com

Well, the other day I came across this trio of frames with Mediterranean prints, and decided they would be perfect for the project. 
I simply covered them with chalk paint, attached some twine and voila....pretty cute, don't ya think?
 They are hanging in our Playroom now
DIY Chalk Board Labels for Toy Storage
another little DIY job I did are these cute little chalk board labels for our Ikea Trofast toy storage in the Playroom 

I think they make the boring plastic toy bins look a bit cuter....







I purchased these little chalk board tags at Jo-Anne's Fabric. I painted them grey and added some white polka dots by dipping a tooth pick into white paint.


 
Country Star Make-Over
I also up-cycled these 2 red Country stars the same way to match the toy labels in the Playroom

and while I was at it, I also gave our little boys "door sign" a make-over. 

oh I almost forgot, I found this cute little floor pouf at Target the other day....had to have it for the playroom.


Old Serving Tray gets a Chalk Paint Make Over
I also covered an old Ikea Tray in black chalk paint
so much cuter now. If you want to see more about the Kids Art Caddy, click Here to see that past post 
So while the Playroom is slowly improving, our Family room has been taking over and turned into a Minecraft Fort for the weekend...LOL....gotta love little boys!

Well, that was a long post....I do hope you enjoyed it!!!! Thanks for stopping by Little Brags! xoxoxo Christine

Linking Up At These Fabulous Places:

boy mom madness graphic FINAL
http://thehappyhousie.com/

junkers united
link: http://www.thistlewoodfarms.com