Sunday, November 17, 2013

Canvas Print to Chalk Board

Hello Friends,
I am working on getting some of the Mediterranean accents out of our Dining and Living room.

I had this very large canvas with an Italian landscape print that I have been  really sick of for a while now...but I loved the shape of the canvas and it really looked great on top of my giant Schrank.
So it hit me the other day...Cover it with CHALK PAINT!!!!!
I know, I know...just what the world needs...another chalk board...lol
Goodbye Toscana...here comes the black paint....
 I made sure to prime the board with chalk after it dried
 I used a stencil for the design (forgot to take a picture of that part, sorry....)
 A quick BEFORE AND AFTER
The Schrank is such an elegant piece (the only elegant piece of furniture in the entire house) and the chalk board has quite the opposite look , but I think that's why it works??? What do you guys think? I love to hear from you all! Thanks so much for keeping up with my "Little Brags".
Christine

Linking Up At These Fabulous Places:
be bold challenge with border
link: http://primitiveandproper.com