Monday, September 5, 2016

Hanging An Old Window From The Fence


Hello Everyone, I hope you are all enjoying a fun and relaxing Labor Day today! 
I want to share a little something with you I did this weekend.

Earlier this summer I found an old window at one of my favorite little country stores, 
it's been sitting on the deck for several weeks but I finally figured out where to put it up.



 We still haven't landscaped the backyard, so we stare a at a lot
 of bare fence when looking out the back windows. 
I had plans to plant some trees and shrubs this summer, 
but what do you know...that didn't happen!


So, at least this little window makes a little corner of the 
backyard look a little more cozy!


I bought the galvanized letters at Hobby Lobby and used plastic 
hooks from COMMAND to hold the letters onto the glass.


I decided to use rope to hang the window from the fence so I can 
easily move it  when I feel like it.




Well, maybe next Spring I will get around to planting 
some pretty trees and flowers along the fence-line. I hope you like 
this idea, there are so many things you can do with old windows. 

For more inspiration on how to decorate with old windows, 
please check out this previous blog post of mine:


Thanks for coming to visit!
 photo signature_zps2231f866.png


23 comments:

  1. This is such a good idea, and perfect for Autumn as the garden starts to wilt and die. I will add this to my list of Autumn jobs! Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a cute idea. I like how you hung it from rope and added the letters to it. That gives it more personality. I bet Fall will be there before you know it since you live in the PNW! Fall is a good time to plant flowers and trees too, ya know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great. Love that old vintage window. Perfect place above your bench on the fence. Very cozy indeed. Hope your Labor Day week end was great. Happy New Week.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, especially the grow letters... but you know that isn't going to happen unless you plant something! ;o) Ha Ha... well unless it's weeds!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wat leuk het oude raam.
    Vind ik ook zo leuk.
    En bomen hoe ik ook van.

    gr. Anita

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christine, wow this old window looks great hanging on your fence!
    Thanks for sharing this at our Monday Cooking and Crafting with J & J.
    Enjoy the week.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks great Christine, I love it, especially the grow!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great there! Perfect spot 😀

    Blessings...
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely display thanks for sharing visiting from coastal charm have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks great, Christine! Love that you added the galvanized letters.

    ReplyDelete
  11. SCHAUT sehr schön aus,,,,,
    eine schöne IDEE weil ich auch
    so ein FENSTER habe,,,

    wünsche noch einen schönen ABEND
    bis bald die BIRGIT aus TIROL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Christine,
    that looks great!
    You have ever great ideas!
    many greetings
    Uwe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is such a neat idea! :)

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous repurpose of an old window! It sure does add a nice touch to a plain fence!! Great idea! The grow sign is a perfect touch also!

    Thank you so much for sharing your fabulous project over at Waste Not Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love your home and this space! I always feel like I could just jump through the screen and hang out :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry you didn't get around to planting but the little window makes a huge difference and I'm sure those galvanized "grow" letters will help

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a clever idea with the window frame, I need to hunt for these possibly at yard sales. So many possibilities for use inside and outside. Hum how about over a mantel at Christmas, with decorations and lights.
    Hope you have a great week!
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love old windows. This old window looks great in your yard.
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely old window display. I love it and so happy you shared at Dishing it and Digging it link party. Your awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Christine it looks really cute and adds so much interest to an otherwise neutral fence. I also like how you have added the letters. Pinning and tweeting.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is super cute! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, it makes my day!