Thursday, February 25, 2016

Project Challenge: CLOCK FACE


Hello there sweets, another month has flown by and here we are again with yet another 
DIY blogger challenge. If this is your first time here, let me explain what's going on. 
Each month a group of us bloggers have a different project challenge to come up with. 
This month the challenge given was  CLOCK FACE ....hmmmmm  tricky one right? 

I choose to make something fun & playful for our bonus/playroom, since we 
are just in the process of re-doing that space. Since our son is truly 
a night-owl, it seemed only perfect to make a clock with the theme 
"Night Owl" (our rabbit approved, I might add)!



I am planning on creating a gallery wall in the play room, displaying 
our little artists paintings & master pieces. So home-crafted artwork 
by Mom, should be a good addition. 



 Robbie had these little plush owls in his giant stuffed animal basket. He never 
played  with them, but man did he get mad at me once he found out I took 
them without asking and to top it off, I actually glued one to the clock... 
BUSTED 


So here is a quick & easy "HOW TO" 
for the "Night Owl Art"

I found this round piece of wood at Home Depot, perfect shape for 
any clock project. I believe it was around 5 Dollars.

I used Varathane Wood stain as the main color. I used this same stain 
for my last Blogger Challenge project, so I didn't have to buy anything new. 
The color is "WEATHERED GRAY". I rubbed the stain on with an old cloth.

For the tracing of the different sized circles I used kitchen bowls. 
I wasn't going for perfection, since I wanted a PLAYFUL and FUN piece of art.

 I used Acrylic paint to color in the circles. It reminds me of a target shield now. 
For the numbers and letters I used stencils I had at home already. 
I used a black sharpie marker for the tracing.

I added little hooks to the sides to 
attach my rope.

And that's all....as you can see, my numbers 
are not perfectly aligned...Neither are the circles.
All the more character, right?


So here is what my partners in crime 
came up with!!!! 


Click On the photo images
 below to visit each post!!!


 photo signature_zps2231f866.png

Linking Up At These Fabulous Parties:
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Sunday Features // The-chicken-chick // DIY Show Off // Sundays At Home // DIY SUNDAY // Life On Lake Shore Drive // Silver Pennies Sundays // The Creative Corner // Share The Wealth Sunday // The Creative Gallery

  Monthly Parties:

     
   My Life From Home                          Dimples & Tangles                                            Thrifty Decor Chick

 stacy    I party with Remodelaholic  12593736_1108878732455729_4198691195880345245_o
Not Just A Housewife                           Remodelaholic.com                                   The Thankful House

    9a9ef760-47a4-4320-9e41-ead49122c074           The Inspiration Exchange - Come and link up your ideas!
 This Is Our Bliss (THIRD THURDAY EACH MONTH)                          Rooms For Rent