Thursday, February 25, 2016

Project Challenge: CLOCK FACE


Hello there sweets, another month has flown by and here we are again with yet another 
DIY blogger challenge. If this is your first time here, let me explain what's going on. 
Each month a group of us bloggers have a different project challenge to come up with. 
This month the challenge given was  CLOCK FACE ....hmmmmm  tricky one right? 

I choose to make something fun & playful for our bonus/playroom, since we 
are just in the process of re-doing that space. Since our son is truly 
a night-owl, it seemed only perfect to make a clock with the theme 
"Night Owl" (our rabbit approved, I might add)!



I am planning on creating a gallery wall in the play room, displaying 
our little artists paintings & master pieces. So home-crafted artwork 
by Mom, should be a good addition. 



 Robbie had these little plush owls in his giant stuffed animal basket. He never 
played  with them, but man did he get mad at me once he found out I took 
them without asking and to top it off, I actually glued one to the clock... 
BUSTED 


So here is a quick & easy "HOW TO" 
for the "Night Owl Art"

I found this round piece of wood at Home Depot, perfect shape for 
any clock project. I believe it was around 5 Dollars.

I used Varathane Wood stain as the main color. I used this same stain 
for my last Blogger Challenge project, so I didn't have to buy anything new. 
The color is "WEATHERED GRAY". I rubbed the stain on with an old cloth.

For the tracing of the different sized circles I used kitchen bowls. 
I wasn't going for perfection, since I wanted a PLAYFUL and FUN piece of art.

 I used Acrylic paint to color in the circles. It reminds me of a target shield now. 
For the numbers and letters I used stencils I had at home already. 
I used a black sharpie marker for the tracing.

I added little hooks to the sides to 
attach my rope.

And that's all....as you can see, my numbers 
are not perfectly aligned...Neither are the circles.
All the more character, right?


So here is what my partners in crime 
came up with!!!! 


Click On the photo images
 below to visit each post!!!


 photo signature_zps2231f866.png


26 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh your clock is so adorable Christine! I NEED one of these in my office, since I'm practically living in it 24/7 these days. LOL Pinning to share ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun way to add whimzy to your son's playroom. I think he will forgive you since you made something so adorable!! ;) I LOVE those owls. Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Too funny about your son getting mad that you stole his stuffed animals! I think your bunny is trying to sniff that owl too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine this is just too fun and cute ! My son is a night owl as well like his mom, so I may just have to steal this idea! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is very impressive and have the useful information it is really caught my attention.
    ___________
    tattoo thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute and is that a real bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable. great job! Thanks for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop.
    Cheers,

    Jennifer
    http://awellstyledlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute is this? If my kids were still little I would definitely do this! My daughter loves owls....:) Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm. xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute idea! And I love that you are doing a gallery wall of your children's art work.

    Thanks for sharing at SYC.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun and cute idea! You did a great job making this.
    Thanks for sharing at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so clever and fun! I love that you included the stuffed owl :) Thanks for linking up with Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute! I'm a night owl too, so I can appreciate this clock :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Christine, This is so creative! I just love it! Thanks for sharing with us at Brag About It. Pinned to share.
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh adorable I hope your son forgave you :) - Thank you for sharing with Pin worthy Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cute clock Christine! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's adorable! I love cute little owl decor!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha. This is such a neat idea! :)

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How cute! I know a couple of people that could one of these. :) Great job, and thanks for sharing at Totally Terrific Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very fun! Thank you for sharing at the Celebrate Your Story Link Up Party.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just can't not click through adorable pics of your little bunny Christine! The clock looks great too:). Thanks so much for sharing @ Dream. Create. Inspire. Link! Take care, Tara

    ReplyDelete
  21. How cute! I love this clock! Thanks so much for sharing at Inspiration Thursday. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm a total night owl and this is too cute!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, it makes my day!