Thursday, January 28, 2016

Project Challenge: Spindles, Moulding Or Trim

Hola amigas, time for our monthly DIY blogger challenge again...Yipeeeee 
Each month a group of us bloggers have a different project challenge to come up with. 
This month we had to make something using Spindles, Moulding or Trim.
  



I decided to make an "ABOVE THE DOOR SIGN"
 for our tiny mud-room area using a piece of trim.




This door leads to the garage. I really love how the sign adds 
character & personality to that little space.

Here is a quick & easy "HOW TO" 
for the "Latitude & Longitude Sign"
I went to Home Depot and purchased an already cut, 
3 foot piece of wood trim for a couple of bucks.


I had some of this "Weathered Wood Stain" 
by Varathane sitting in the garage.

I rubbed the stain on with an old cloth, rather than using a brush, 
because I wanted a WASHED look instead of solid gray finish.

I used my Cricut machine to cut a stencil with the numbers 
I needed for the Longitude & Latitude coordinates.
However you DO NOT NEED a fancy machine for this project. 
You can purchase stencils with letters and numbers at any craft store.
To find out your coordinates, you can use THIS SITE
 simply type in your address. 

I added a little moss heart in the middle, for some detail. It's a little 
Styrofoam heart I had in my craft stack, I simply glued some fake 
moss onto it with my glue gun. EASY!!!

What do you think?


My favorite part of this challenge each month is to see what my partners in crime came up with!!!! 

So please visit my awesome blogging friends below, 
for some more goodness!

Click On the photo images
 below to visit each post!!!



 photo signature_zps2231f866.png

Linking Up At These Fabulous Parties:
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday

  Monthly Parties:

  
                 http://mylifefromhome.com/                

 stacy     I party with Remodelaholic 

     ppp 1          12593736_1108878732455729_4198691195880345245_o
       Being-Bianca (THIRD THURDAY EACH MONTH)                 http://www.thehankfulhouse.com

             The Inspiration Exchange - Come and link up your ideas!           
         http://roomsforrentblog.blogspot.com/                    http://thriftydecorchick.blogspot.com/

        The 7 year itch link up