Thursday, January 28, 2016

Project Challenge: Spindles, Moulding Or Trim

Hola amigas, time for our monthly DIY blogger challenge again...Yipeeeee 
Each month a group of us bloggers have a different project challenge to come up with. 
This month we had to make something using Spindles, Moulding or Trim.
  



I decided to make an "ABOVE THE DOOR SIGN"
 for our tiny mud-room area using a piece of trim.




This door leads to the garage. I really love how the sign adds 
character & personality to that little space.

Here is a quick & easy "HOW TO" 
for the "Latitude & Longitude Sign"
I went to Home Depot and purchased an already cut, 
3 foot piece of wood trim for a couple of bucks.


I had some of this "Weathered Wood Stain" 
by Varathane sitting in the garage.

I rubbed the stain on with an old cloth, rather than using a brush, 
because I wanted a WASHED look instead of solid gray finish.

I used my Cricut machine to cut a stencil with the numbers 
I needed for the Longitude & Latitude coordinates.
However you DO NOT NEED a fancy machine for this project. 
You can purchase stencils with letters and numbers at any craft store.
To find out your coordinates, you can use THIS SITE
 simply type in your address. 

I added a little moss heart in the middle, for some detail. It's a little 
Styrofoam heart I had in my craft stack, I simply glued some fake 
moss onto it with my glue gun. EASY!!!

What do you think?


My favorite part of this challenge each month is to see what my partners in crime came up with!!!! 

So please visit my awesome blogging friends below, 
for some more goodness!

Click On the photo images
 below to visit each post!!!

30 comments:

  1. Lovely and so simple! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I make tons of pillows with the latitude/longitude coordinates :) Everyone loves that personalized touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea and it looks fabulous over the door! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I love this, and my hubby would too! Now I want to know what our coordinates are! This would make such a cute housewarming gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liebe Christine,
    wow - sieht supertoll aus - und mit den Koordinaten ein einzigartiges Stück!!! Ich geh jetzt mal meine Koordinaten ermitteln - danke für den Link!

    Wünsche dir ein schönes Wochenende
    liebe Grüße
    Petra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you did this...the whole decor is so cute! Thanks for sharing with the Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a cool idea!
    Great!
    many greetings
    Uwe

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the idea of hanging it over the door! Fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks just perfect in your mudroom. And the moss heart is a great added touch! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your longitude/latitude sign. My husband made one for our entry by painting it on a piece of driftwood we found on our beach. Something like this is special because it is so personal.

    Thanks for Sharing Your Cup!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute idea! I've seen pillows but never a sign
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  12. That turned out so cute. I love the fact that you had a cricut machine to make your numbers etc.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You can't get much more personal than latitude and longitude. lol Fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great Idea Christine! That little moss heart is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like this idea. Thanks for sharing the tutorial and the site where you can get the coordinates.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So fun, as usual! I love this idea and am now really wanting to do this too. I know I have a spare piece of trim in my garage... :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your pretty sign you made for over your door. Great job.
    Thanks for joining and sharing this with us at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.
    We hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love it - simple and so lovely ♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Christine, what a simple and beautiful accent to you add above your door. It adds just the perfect amount of charm. Thank you for sharing at Create • Share • Inspire. We hope to see you back tonight. xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. What an excellent idea Christine. You are so creative! Thanks for sharing at Five Star Frou-Frou this week. Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my...this is so neat!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is such a cute idea and you make it look so easy! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Share The Wealth Sunday! I hope you'll come back and join us for an all new party tonight! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this! Thanks so much for sharing on my Creative Ways Link Party!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love a good sign and I MUST try the latitude & longitude idea out - love it! Thanks for partying with us at The Pretty Project Party ;) -Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a cute project! I love that little sign. The latitude and longitude idea is perfect for us because we love going on adventures and we have a few favorite spots. Thanks so much for sharing at Inspiration Thursday last week. Hope to see you again this week!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, it makes my day!