Friday, October 30, 2015

Project Challenge: Duct or HVAC Tape

Hello there Sweets, it's time for our monthly DIY blogger challenge again. 
Here is how it works: Each month we have a different project challenge to come up with. 
This month we had to make something using DUCT or HVAC TAPE



 And here we are ready for our "October Challenge" 
where 7 of us DIYer's are creating some serious stuff!!!!
(links to projects in collage provided at bottom of post)


Here is my little project, so instead of covering  something in decorative tape, I decided to cover the tape itself...
In MOSS....oh yes, I love Moss!!!! 

 I decorated some candles in a mossy chevron pattern


And I also dressed up a mason jar with a cute moss heart
 

I put it all on a plate, creating a MOSSY and
NATURE Inspired vignette


 I am displaying my pretty tray on our new kitchen nook table

 Oh yes, we just got ourselves a new kitchen nook table 
(insert smiley face here), but more on the table 
in a different post soon!

Here is a quick & easy "HOW TO" 
on the "Mossy Tape"


All you need is a package of sheet moss, some double sided tape 
(I could not find the double sided DUCT tape in 4 stores, so I used 
double sided Scotch Tape instead)

I cut the tape in half (lengthwise) and cut up pieces 
of sheet moss to stick onto it. 
(Note: the tape is clear, the red part you see in the below
picture peels off)


Both the chevron pattern and the heart were super easy, but the
possibilities of shapes you can make are endless! I am already 
thinking about making a mossy Easter Bunny in the spring, or stars 
for Christmas, etc... you can let your imagination take you away!

Ohhh, I had this old boring tray in the garage, so I gave it a quick
make over with some "Annie Sloan French Linen" paint, the 
perfect find for my little project

I love the color combination of the grey plate
and the moss!!!!!

I hope you enjoyed this little project, now check out
some more awesome TAPE PROJECTS from 
my sweet blogging friends

Click On the photo images
 below to visit each post!!!

 photo signature_zps2231f866.png


30 comments:

  1. Super cute idea Christine! I love this look!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute idea Christine! I love this look!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cleaver Christine! I love it. It looks so good on that pretty table.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely creative and so pretty! Love what you did with that moss tape Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! I love the look of moss on just about anything. ;) The cheveron is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love what you did with the moss. It looks like something out of a Scandinavian magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute and creative Christine...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! What a great idea :) LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely project Christine. Bringing naure to the indoors like that . And such an ingenious use of the tape. I thing it looks very earthy. Nice table too. ps. happy you changed your e-mail... now I really wanted to come here.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How pretty you made your project, and so useable on top of it, nice to have pretty table centerpiece. love lights in jar. Now where in heck did I put that string of lights that's been hanging around forever? You gals are so talented to be able to think up great projects for the challenge. Happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  11. How pretty you made your project, and so useable on top of it, nice to have pretty table centerpiece. love lights in jar. Now where in heck did I put that string of lights that's been hanging around forever? You gals are so talented to be able to think up great projects for the challenge. Happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  12. super clever Christine, the moss heart mason jar is my favorite!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is really pretty! I love how you used the two sided tape to make those. I never would've guessed that. It's probably easier and less messy than glue. I like your new table too. Looking forward to seeing more of it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a clever idea!! The moss makes everything so pretty!! You always style things so wonderfully! Your new table is da bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Christine, what a lovely deco! I too like to use natural items and I am in love with that table of yours! I also love your blog style!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow!! This is absolutely STUNNING!! I am absolutely obsessed with all of the gorgeous and rustic elements combined. Such a great, unique, and creative idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing it at the Vintage Inspiration Party. I pinned it at my "Spotted at the VIP board here - https://www.pinterest.com/knickoftime/spotted-at-the-vip-vintage-decor-repurposed-projec/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super cute Christine! Thank you for sharing with us at the Brag About It Link Party!
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  20. So cool, Christine! But let's talk about that wicker ottoman (with the fur!) Loving that and everything you do.

    Hug my bunny-friend!

    Thank you for sharing this week at Brag About It link party on VMG206 (Mondays at Midnight).
    ~ Megin of VMG206


    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great idea! Looks great on your new table. Love your table too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love moss too Christine and your entire nature vignette turned out so sweet! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a clever idea never thought of adding moss before but it looks great -Thanks for linking up to Pin Worthy Wednesday, I have pinned your post to the Pin Worthy Wednesday Pinterest Board.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your idea Christine! How cute your candles in jars are. I can't wait to try it myself. You're right that possibilities are and less! Thank you so much for sharing that with us at the What to do Weekends Party!! Pinned to a few of my boards, as well as the Party board!
    Happy Sunday,
    Theresa @ Shoestring Elegance

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your idea of Candles and Mason Jars. Very pretty! Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Adorable! Such a cleve way to use moss! Thanks for linking up with at Your Home Decor and More!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking.
    National Air Warehouse

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, it makes my day!