Saturday, May 17, 2014

A Lantern Make Over And Our Back Porch

Hello and Happy Weekend Everyone. I've been feeling the spring fever lately! Last Sunday I pressure-washed our back yard patios, and now I am working on making it cozy back there. The first step is done....I had these 2 huge brown Lanterns that I grew tired of, so I spray painted them a light grey. After they dried, I rubbed some white acrylic paint on them to give them a  bit of a white wash look.


this area of the deck is covered, so I can leave the decorations out all season

I found this gorgeous large willow basket at a bazaar for only $20 Dollars. SCOOOORE!!!!
It's the perfect place to store our outdoor pillows.
All my favorite things....pillows, a basket, lanterns, an old crate and a galvanized bucket!!!!
here is a little peek of what the lanterns looked like before, I just covered the glass with painters tape and spray painted away

I have more plans for this area, such as an outdoor rug, and hanging lanterns to pull it all together. Will keep you updated!

Here is a "Selfie" with our Tortoise Willie
he approves of the newly decorated deck
and not to forget our Bugsy, this large barrel is his favorite summer hang out spot!
Toodles
xoxoxo Christine

and please remember that I have been having technical difficulties with my email feed.
You can follow me via these places to make sure you will not be missing any posts! I don't want to loose you!

Linking Up At These Fabulous Places:

Monthly Parties:
The Inspiration Exchange - Come and link up your ideas!
link: http://roomsforrentblog.blogspot.com/

Inspired Living -- Outdoor Extravaganza

Garden Party 2              summer celebration 4        Fun in the sun graphic final
  link: Fishtail Cottage                   link: Making Home Base        link: Debbie-Debbiedoos