Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A Copy Cat "Demijohn" And The Problem With Blogging

Hello Sweets, I hope you all had  a wonderful weekend. I have long been looking for a "Vintage Demijohn" with a wooden crate around it. While browsing through T.J. Maxx this week I found these 2 large glass bottles for a good price.

I placed them in a wicker basket that I already had and dressed them up with some twine and little iron numbers. I also stuffed some string lights in them.


I put the basket on a narrow wall in my kitchen nook

Here is a close up of the little iron numbers I found at Hobby Lobby
Here they are with the lights turned on...
Here is my inspiration picture of a real Vintage Demijohn from 
The Blue Willow House


So until I find the "Real Thing" such as this beauty, my little "Copy Cat Version" gives me a similar look.

On another note, I wanted to share a problem I've been having ever since I started blogging...lol
I am so inspired by all the wonderful talent out there by my fellow bloggers, that my head is spinning with new ideas every day. Suddenly I criticize all sorts of areas in my home and can't wait to change them. Is it just me, or are you guys feeling the same way? For Example, this week I was reading a wonderful blog from Kristi at Addicted 2 Decorating. Kristi was talking about how to decorate a ledge above a front door
One of her suggestions was to resist the urge to decorate with fake ivy. I immediately thought of some areas in my house where I use fake ivy to fill some spaces high up. The very next day I got my ladder out and threw all my fake ivy in the trash. Here is my ledge, high up in our living room. Lots of ivy draping down.

BEFORE
AFTER -- No Ivy
Much better and cleaner looking without the ivy draping down, what do you think?
Another area I had with ivy,was above a small kitchen cabinet, I changed it out immediately with some decorations I already had on hand. 
 
Much better, I think decorating with "FAKE IVY" is a thing of the past!!! A big thanks to Kristi at Addicted 2 Decorating

Well, that's all I got for you this week peeps, thanks for sticking with me!!!
Christine