Friday, May 31, 2019

Refreshing the Staircase - Erase Wood Scratches & Blemishes


Well hello there everyone, it's been a while since my last blog post, what a slacker I am!!! 
I've been posting more in Instagram these days (it's so much quicker).

So this weekend I tackled a project that has been 
bugging me for a while and I want to share it with you cuz 
I am just THAT PUMPED about the outcome!



The "eyesore" I tackled is our STAIRCASE !!!! Our house is 12 years old now and the
staircase has made it through the toddler years, tons play-dates & sleep-over's, 
a 185 pound Newfoundland dog, 3 kittens practicing their climbing skills & my 
vacuum cleaner crashing into it on a regular basis (bad driving skills). 


Pine is also a very soft wood & it scratches & dents super easy. I have tried various 
brands of wood repair pensbut even the lightest color of pens was too dark. 
I thought I would have to sand & re-stain the wood which would have
been a big pain in the butt. SOOOOO, I did some GOOGLE searching and 
thought I'd try this product called 
"THE AMAZING TIBET ALMOND STICK".

Sometimes these gadgets seem to good to be true, don't they? But it was worth a try, 
especially for 10 bucks. You simply rub it on the wood and VOILA it does it's magic. 
It took me about 45 minutes to do the entire staircase and it looks sooo much better now. 
Oh it's the little things that make me happy!  


What a difference, the staircase hasn't looked this good in years!!!  

Eventually I would love to re-do the entire staircase, get wrought iron railings, 
tear out the carpet & get a solid floor for the stairs. BUT until then at least 
I found a little magic stick. 

So now that I got the stairs done, I will probably be running around the house 
finding all sorts nicks & dents on furniture and cabinets 
I can try this stick on.




Here is a picture of the product, I got mine from AMAZON but I think most Hardware 
Stores carry it as well. Good luck if you are planning on giving it a try!
Ohhh and let's not forget... THANK GOD FOR TIBET !!!! lol



DISCLAIMER:  I DID NOT GET PAID TO WRITE THIS POST

OR TRY THIS PRODUCT. THIS IS MY PERSONAL 

OPINION. 


3 comments:

  1. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.Office Furniture in Lahore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, it makes my day!