Monday, August 8, 2016

A Few New Things Around The House

Hello friends, it's been a bit quiet around the blog this summer. We took a family trip in July and I hardly spend any time on the computer. Things are back to normal, but it seems to me that I will be playing "bloggy reading catch up" for a long time. 

I wanted to share some new things around the house with you. For those of you that follow my blog, you know I have been painting our kitchen and family room this summer. With the new paint color came some re-decorating and I also picked up a few new things. My taste has changed so much this year and I need to take it slow and give a lot of thought to what I want to invest time and money for. 

Well, let's get to the fun part Amiga's (and Amigo's), here are some pictures for you!!!! Here is a wall in our kitchen nook. My friend Michi got me this cute window frame a while back, I wrapped some stringlights around it, I love the combination of the rich gray wall color and the pop of white from the lights.




I found this gorgeous Demijohn with a wooden crate at the cutest 
little country store this summer. I have been on the look-out 
for one of these for a long time.


Here is our entry, I picked up this gorgeous Moroccan 
style pillow at HomeGoods not too long ago.


 I love the pattern and the colors.


Notice the scull? Meet Henrietta the cow. I found her in Vancouver, Canada during our travels. Fell in luv, had to name her and bring her back to the USA. My very own Canadian moo moo....My husband and son both thought I officially lost it...lol



Another new find is this round wooden tray,  it's from 
World Market...luv it. It found a home on our fireplace mantle.


Here is the pair to the Moroccan pillow from HomeGoods .

Soooo cozy..

 Lets step outside, I planted some lavender in this old 
galvanized tub I had laying around. 


Found these wicker vases at Word Market this summer. 
While traveling this July I collected some driftwood and 
found the perfect spot for it.


Well, that's about all that is new around here. Before I go let me share
these cute pics of Senior Bugsy with you, our little drama queen 
hates getting groomed. This is BEFORE the grooming session...


Here he is AFTER the haircut, hiding in the barrel pouting!!!


Check out this little visitor watching us....adorbs....

Thanks soo much for stopping by!!! 
I love to hear form you !! MUAHHH
 photo signature_zps2231f866.png

26 comments:

  1. Great updates Christine, I love those lights and frame on the grey wall! Your style is looking so beautiful so far, can't wait to see what's next :o)

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bugsy looks quite adorable in his new do. I love the mixture of textures and colors in your "new" rooms. I could sit there forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! I truly enjoyed seeing all your treasures. You have done pretty things with your home and garden. Thanks for sharing at Merry Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great summer traveling around. I'm jealous! I didn't go anywhere this summer. But, I hope to make up for it this Fall. I love your new things. it looks like you're going for a modern morracan look with neutral colors and lots of texture. I love that look too! I have some things in that style myself. I change my mind about what style I like ALL the time. So don't sweat it. I think it's part of being a creative person. Love seeing your adorable bunny! I bet he feels better in the summer being shaved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love every. single. thing. Glad you are back!
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wat gezellig weer geworden.
    En wat een schattig konijn.

    gr. anita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your new treasures! I too am loving the new stuff world market has and my local homegoods. I am going all boho / moroccan crazy!

    Can't wait to see your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOhh I'd better hit World Markets site, love those wicker sleeves on glass vases. Great look with driftwood in it. Heck, it's all fantastic, love your awesome style. You have wonderful home. How do you do so much and work also?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely touches! That chair looks so comfy. Thanks for linking up to the Talk of the Town Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have great taste in home decor! Lovely post :)

    Blessings,
    Edye | Http://gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your house looks lovely, and poor Bugsy, I hope he's adjusting to his new hairdo by now :)
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  12. You scored some great finds while traveling and I love the Moroccan pillow. Thanks for joining us this week at Celebrate Your Story.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Christine, you have been one busy gal. Love the new paint color and it's fun to see your new décor style. I love the wicker covered jars! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all of your new decor items Christine, but especially THAT BUNNY!!! I never thought of grooming ours, that would be great for the heat though, hmm we might do that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You found some very lovely treasures. I really like the pillow and of course little bunny is just so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Christine, There are a few postings this week that feature lavender. Thanks for sharing. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Christine, What nice areas you've created in your house. I really like the entry way. I also appreciate your use of natural woods and wicker - very creative. Well done! Blessings, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous and love those wicker vase. I need to make a trip to the World Market's.

    ReplyDelete
  19. OHh! I love your pillow and chair corner! My kind of corner! We have had a lot of frogs in our garden this year. A very wet year. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have such a unique style when it comes to decor! LOVE!!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  21. As always you find such lovely treasures! Your home just looks so cozy and welcoming! Boy does it look like you have an unhappy bunny there!LOL So cute!
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful finds over at Waste Not Wednesday! We will be featuring you this week and can't wait to see what you share with us this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Christine, I love all your new finds. You've used everything item beautifully to create interesting and inviting vignettes. Thanks for sharing at Your Inspired Design Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your finds. They are all so unique and the way you place them in the house. You don't have a lot of color but the texture is amazing. There is so much interest in all the texture that you have... bunny included.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I will feature your post today at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I will feature your post today at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Christine, your house looks so pretty inside and outside!! :)
    Thanks for sharing at our Monday Cooking and Crafting with J & J.
    Enjoy the weekend.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, it makes my day!